Monday, February 24, 2014

The Family Rolodex

Do your parents and grandparents have a habit of calling their kids by their other kids' names?

My grandmother does this constantly. In fact, she usually uses more than one one wrong name before she gets it right, running through the list of her kids in chronological order, like she's flipping through a mental rolodex. Sometimes she'll even overshoot and have to go into reverse. Last Sunday, when I called her up, the conversation went like this:

Grandma: "T'other day I got a call from Wilkins. No, Hunter, Sadie, Curley...  Sadie, Hunter. I got a call from Hunter."

Me: "Oh, what did Uncle Hunter have to say?"

Grandma: "Don't know. I was awah' at the supermarket."

I love my nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.